Falcon Fraud Protection For Your Debit CardReal-Time Fraud Detection & Prevention
24/7 Transaction Monitoring
At Southwind Bank, protecting you is our priority. That’s why we are happy to provide Falcon Fraud® Protection (Falcon) for your Southwind Bank consumer debit card. Falcon will analyze your debit card transactions as they occur, detecting potential fraud quickly to minimize your risk and protect you against losses. Best of all, this added security is provided at no cost to you.
Some important information is included below on how Falcon works and what you need to know to get the most from this debit card feature. If you have any questions, please give us a call, email customer service, or stop in to visit.How Falcon Works
What You Need to Know
- Every Southwind Bank consumer debit card transaction receives a score on a risk-based scale.
- For high-risk transactions, a Falcon Fraud® Specialist will attempt to contact you, via automatic voice dialer on behalf of Southwind Bank, to determine if the transaction is legitimate.
- If the Falcon Fraud® Specialist cannot reach you, a message will be left including a toll free number with a request to return the call, and a temporary block may be placed on your card to prevent fraudulent transactions.
How You Can Help
- Falcon Fraud® Specialists will only contact you via telephone - Calls are placed weekdays 7am-9pm and weekends or holidays 8am – 9pm.
- If you receive a message from a Falcon Fraud® Specialist, please return the call as soon as possible. Falcon Fraud® Specialists are available to receive your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- When receiving or returning a call, you will be asked to verify your identity. Please note, the representative will not ask for your card number, expiration date, or security code.
- If the transaction is confirmed to be fraud, you will be transferred to a live representative for further action.
- If you are not comfortable returning the call, we are here to help you during normal business hours Monday – Thursday 9am-5pm and Friday 9am-5:30pm, excluding holidays.
- Protect your card and card information.
- Review your account activity as often as possible for unauthorized activity.
- Report any suspicious or unauthorized transaction(s) immediately.
- Make sure you have provided us with your current phone numbers, including cell phone or evening contact, so we can reach you quickly if questionable activity is detected.
- Notify us any time your phone number changes.
- Notify us any time you plan to travel or go on vacation. See below for more details.
Falcon Fraud® Protection works by recognizing unusual spending behavior. If you plan to travel or go on vacation, make sure to notify us before you leave. By giving us your contact information, travel dates and destinations, we will be able to better serve you while you are away. We also consider it a best practice to take a second source of payment with you (cash, credit card, and/or prepaid debit cards). Lost or Stolen Card?
To report a lost or stolen ATM/debit card, contact the bank at 800-522-0172 during business hours; after hours call 1-877-226-2351.