Checking AccountsRegular Checking
Southwind Bank's checking account offers several features and pricing options.Minimum Balance Options
- No monthly maintenance fee if a $600.00 minimum average daily balance is maintained throughout the statement cycle. The average daily balance is calculated by adding the balance in the account for each day of the statement cycle and dividing that figure by the number of days in the statement cycle.
- $2.00 monthly maintenance fee if the average daily balance falls between $400.00 and $599.99 during the statement cycle.
- $3.00 monthly maintenance fee if the average daily balance falls between $200.00 and $399.99 during the statement cycle.
- $5.00 monthly maintenance fee if the average daily balance falls below $200.00 during the statement cycle.
- No maintenance fee is charged to full time students, senior citizens age 55 and older, churches and nonprofit organizations upon notification to the bank.
- No transaction fees for 40 or fewer checks. For each check in excess of 40 during a monthly statement cycle, an excess check fee of $.15 per check will be charged.
Super NOW CheckingRate Information
Compounding and Crediting
- Contact a bank representative for the current interest rate and annual percentage yield.
- Rates may be changed at any time at our discretion.
Minimum Balance Requirements
- Interest will be compounded and credited to your account every monthly statement cycle.
- A deposit of $1,000.00 is required to open this account.
- A maintenance fee of $10.00 will be imposed every statement cycle if the balance in the account falls below $1,000.00 any day of the cycle.
- A minimum balance of $1,000.00 is required in the account each day to obtain the disclosed annual percentage yield. We use the daily-balance method to calculate the interest on your account. This method applies a daily periodic rate to the principal in the account each day. Interest begins to accrue on the business day you deposit noncash items (for example, checks).
*All accounts are subject to the bank’s “Deposit Account Terms and Conditions” and “Interest, Fees & Charges Schedule” which are subject to change. There may be additional charges and fees for services as set out in the “Deposit Account Terms and Conditions” and “Interest, Fees & Charges Schedule.”